The Taylor Group’s own champion paddler, Lori Jorgeson, is offering a Portland paddling clinic for people wanting uplevel their training, improve the efficiency of their technique, and successfully perform on the small boat! The workshop will be held on Sunday, November 10 from 11:00am-3:15pm for small boat paddlers.
- Land introduction providing essential mindset and physical practices to implement into your training and competition, to help improve your paddling technique and reduce the risk of injury. (We will be using the Kayak Pro Paddling Ergometer for technique analysis support: https://www.kayakpro.com/multistroke/)
- Water paddling coaching to enhance your paddling technique on the water, including video to increase your efficiency and speed
- Conclusion and Q&A session
Intermediate to advanced paddling experience. Your chosen paddling vessel, and the ability to get back on the vessel during the water session.
What you will walk away with
- Two individualized deep practices. They will increase your awareness to the art, science and spirit of paddling, keep you connected to your ‘Why’ and the passion of paddling. This will help you stay on track and increase overall performance (For example, help with getting out on the water this time of year)
- Two technique tips to improve your paddling stroke. You will be able to immediately implement them in your training to create a positive change
- A warm up routine to prepare you physically and mentally for both your training sessions and competition. This will lead to greater performance and reduce the risk of injury
- A cool down routine to reduce the risk of injury and create a relaxing way to end your session
- An entry practice for training practices and competition. This will help you perform in your flow rather than overthinking
- Three land exercises to add to your training routine. These are specific for paddlers wanting to increase their performance and reduce the risk of injury
- Three nutrition tips that will help you eat the right fuel at the right time, sustaining your energy
- A greater sense of connection to what makes paddling unique, and to the community of people involved in it
- Each participant will receive a packet providing the above information and a follow up email after the clinic
- A great time on the water!
If you’re interested in joining this unique opportunity to take your paddling to the championship level, email Lori Jorgenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (503) 243-2846!